Friday, May 16, 2014

Private Selection Mason Jar Desserts BzzCampaign Review!

I was chosen for a BzzCampaing by BzzAgent to test and write a review about these little desserts.  I chose a Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownie and a Chocolate Ganache Cake. 

I was really excited to be a part of this campaign. Who doesn't love dessert, right? I have a pretty high opinion of Private Selection, I think they make some really good things!  Well I chose two of these desserts to try and to share with my family. The first thing I noticed when I went to the store was that some of the lids were loose and some of the jars were sticky, but I was able to find two that were clean and the lids were tight. When we got home, another thing I noticed was that there was a clear, thin, plastic layer between the lid/ring and the dessert, but that was the only protective layer. There was nothing to peel back, no actual seal to break. I really am not a germaphobe, but that bothered me a little. Especially since some of the lids were loose and some of the jars were sticky at the store. It was a bit of a turn off.

I went ahead and tried the first dessert, which was the Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownie. I love chocolate and peanut butter! This one sounded really good to me and I was really looking forward to it, but I have to be honest, I wasn't all that impressed. Sure, it tasted good, but it was very dry and crumbly. I tend to think of brownies as more moist and almost fudgy. This was not like that. In fact, the top peanut butter layer was more like a cookie than a brownie. My husband even agreed that it was really dry and crumbly. Not what we expected from a brownie. Of course the kids liked it all!

The next one I tried was the Chocolate Ganache Cake. This one was much better and way more moist! My kids really enjoyed this one a lot!

All in all I really enjoyed this as my first BzzCampaign, but I probably wouldn't buy these again. They are cute and fun to eat, I love the little Mason Jars, but they just weren't quite as good as I was hoping. I could see maybe buying these as a special treat for the kids since they loved them so much, but for the price I'd rather just make a pan of brownies and call it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment