Sunday, March 17, 2013

Irish Blessings

St. Patrick's day is one of my favorite little holidays. I love green, I enjoy Celtic music, and I like to try to speak with an Irish accent. Today is a little different. Today is bittersweet. Today was my due date for my tiny baby who passed away in September. It hurts to remember, but I do not want to forget. My baby will always be part of me ♥
May your thoughts be as glad as shamrocks,
May your heart be as light as song,
May each day bring you bright, happy hours,
That stay with you all the year long.

May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets always hold a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you,
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

May God give you -
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song.

May the Strength of God guide us.
May the Power of God preserve us.
May the Wisdom of God instruct us.
May the Hand of God protect us.
May the Way of God direct us.
May the Shield of God defend us.
May the Angels of God guard us.
Against the snares of the evil one.
May Christ be with us!
May Christ be before us!
Christ be over all!May Christ be in us,
May Thy Grace, Lord,Always be ours,
This day, O Lord, and forevermore.
Amen.

2 comments: