Saturday, June 06, 2009

Love Sweet Love

Sunday, June 7th is not only my grandparent's wedding anniversary, but also my parent's! So, I wanted to say Happy Anniversary to both of the loving couples!

Can you believe I don't have pictures of just these two couples? I need to do that when we are all together.

First, here is a picture of my grandparent's last year at my sister Christine's graduation.

Here's my mom and dad with Sean. He seems to wiggle his way into a LOT of pics!

Here they are with Christine on graduation day.
~Now, some poems and quotes~

Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots. ~Hoosier Farmer


An anniversary is a time to celebrate the joys of today, the memories of yesterday, and the hopes of tomorrow. ~Author Unknown


No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens. ~Abraham Lincoln


The glances over cocktails
That seemed to be so sweet

Don't seem quite so glamorous

Over the Shredded Wheat


I really didn't realize
Till my childhood days had past
Just how deep your love was,
Or how long that love could last
But I did grow, and come to know,
In one way or another,
The happiness and love and care
You gave, Dad and Mother,
And when a special day appears,
What I most want to do
Is to say, in all sincerity,
Thank heaven for you two!

Love brought you together
As husband and wife
And gave each of you
A best friend for life
Happy Wedding Anniversary

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet, thoughtful post Liv. Thanks for putting that together for our grandparents and parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Liv, Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness. We are so thankful for our blessings through the years. Especially for our 3 wonderful kids, 5 wonderful grandkids and 6 sweet g-grandkids.We certainly count our blessings. Much love, Grandad and Grandma b.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we love this post Liv! Thanks!
    Isn't Sean so cute the way he's lovin up to Grandy?
    The poems are the best!
    Thanks Liv love!

    ReplyDelete