Sunday, October 13, 2013

Homeschool week in review Unit 5 Heart of Dakota - Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory

We got to go on a farm field trip on Monday, which I posted about before.  I had the kids do a little report and draw a picture about the field trip.  It was a lot of fun!
 The rest of the week our focus was on the pilgrims in Holland and their life in Holland.  The kids did a little Tulip craft because Holland is known for their tulips :)  Also in this collage I created a fill-in-the-blank worksheet using simple sentences and their spelling words.
 This was the poem we worked on for the week.  They colored pictures on the back of the paper to go along with the poem.  I have enjoyed the poems and how they kind of go along with our history themes.  As part of our history we learned about the houses in Holland and how they were small and close together, so it was neat that the poem was about a little house.
The little girls had Dd for Dinosaur this week.  Big and small God made them all.  We read books, and I had them practice tracing the letters Aa-Dd.  Sean and Eleanor helped them make dinosaurs out of paper plates and construction paper :)  It was a good, fun, busy week!  I will get a video of them doing their Bible verse song soon.  Our Bible focus this week was about Jesus as a child and how he was holy and perfect and how we need to try to be like Jesus.  The Bible verse was Psalm 139:13-14 For you created my inmost being;you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

No comments:

Post a Comment