Wednesday, November 30, 2011

CrossPoint Stories

We were challenged at church to write out our own personal testimonies by finishing three sentences and post them to facebook or twitter, or whatever social networking site we use.  I posted mine to facebook, but really my blog is also my own personal social networking site too, so I thought why not post it here as well!  The plan is for the church to publish every one's testimonies in a book.

My life before Christ was...
I was blessed to have Christian parents who taught me about God and took me to church.  I was young when I asked Jesus into my heart.  However, even at the age of four I remember feeling scared and alone.  I remember being disobedient and rebellious towards my parents.

The reason I accepted Christ was...
because I knew I was a sinner in need of a Savior!  I learned the Bible verse John 3:16 at church, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.".  When I was four years old I remember asking my mom if I could have some chocolate chips and she told me no.  But she got a small bowl and put a few chocolate chips in it and set it on the kitchen counter and told me I could have them after supper.  Well, I was sneaky and I took that bowl and went into my parents room and hid behind their curtains and ate all the chocolate chips in the bowl!  Afterwards I felt so full of guilt and I remembered that verse.  I knew that the reason Jesus died was to take away my sins and I knew at that moment that I was a sinner and I needed Jesus in my life, so I sat down on my parents bed and I prayed.  I don't remember what exactly I said, but it was something like this, "Dear God, I'm sorry for my sin.  Jesus please come into my heart.  Thank you for saving me.  Amen".  I knew in that moment that I was a different person because I was God's child and I no longer needed to be scared or lonely because God's spirit was in me.

Since I have accepted Christ my life is...
full of joy and peace!  Of course I still have struggles, but with God's guidance I am learning more about Him and working on becoming the person He wants me to be through prayer, through His word, and through fellowship at church with other Believers.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure why I left those chocolate chips within your reach, but God meant it for good!
    Praise God for His saving grace and gift of faith… even at a young age! I'm praying for the young hearts of grandchildren (those little chocolate chip eaters)!
    xoxoxxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on facebook when you posted, loved reading it. It is such an encouragement to hear other believers' testimonies! And that even for us who got saved young, there is definitely that knowledge of sin and need for God. It is neat how the chocolate chips incident did that for you!

    ReplyDelete