Friday, June 04, 2010

Thankful for our pool!

It was HOT today so we got to enjoy our pool two different times! First around 11:30 in the morning and then again around 3:30 in the afternoon! It was so nice and refreshing! I am getting a nice tan on my upper body, but since the rest of me stays underwater I am still very white legged. Oh well, I don't care much for wearing shorts. I do best with capris, so who's really going to see much anyway? Don't worry, I do get out our 60+ spf. The kids line up and like to be slathered. Sean likes the smell of it.





5 comments:

  1. The pool will "pay for itself" over and over, won't it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do you think this type of pool could endure a little roughness or abuse? We are really contemplating one for us to just sit and talk and cool off in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids aren't exactly gentle so I think it can take some abuse :-)

    I do have a friend who has the same pool and she said theirs got a hole somewhere so it leaks (air, not water), but they've had theirs a few years...

    There are three "rings" that you have to air up and then the water goes in. It's pretty comfy I think. I like to sit in the corners and recline/relax as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you mind me asking how much it was? We have one of those 4 foot deep ones, but it has a leak in the top part you air up, so it sinks down all the time. I wouldn't mind getting just something small that we could put out pretty easy. How deep is it? If we put up ours, I have to hold Raegan the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe it was $25 or $30. Chloe can stand and sit in it without being under water, so I know it's not more than 3 feet deep. The box is out in the garage and I'm too lazy to go look lol!

    Here is a link. I think this might the same, or at least similar, just different color. We got ours at Walmart in the store.

    http://www.walmart.com/ip/120IN-SWIM-CENTER-POOL/13430767

    One thing I will say is you need an electric pump to air it up. It does take a while. Also, it's not easy to empty out since there is not a drain, but otherwise we really enjoy it! I think it's great for the money.

    ReplyDelete