Friday, November 13, 2009

It's about time!

I've been meaning to get pictures of my girls in their Swedish dresses. Every two years in October there is a Swedish festival in Lindsborg. This was the year for it, but we didn't end up going because it was so cold! Also, that was around the time that we were all a little sickish, etc. Anyway, two years ago my grandma helped me make a dress for Eleanor. She was 6 1/2 months at the time, so this year it worked out great for Chloe to wear! Also last year, our friends Jill and her daughter Molly made a dress for my Niece Marcail to wear. She was between 18 and 24 months at the time, so it worked out great for Eleanor this year! Hopefully in two more years Chloe will be able to wear that one as well!

First here is a picture of Eleanor from this morning. She was so proud of herself for drawing a heart all by herself! Do you see it???


I thought it would be great to at least get pictures of the girls together in their outfits, even though we didn't go to the festival and it's a month late!


This is the shirt that Sean would've worn. He likes it and does occasionally wear it, but I could not convince him to put it on for a picture. I didn't feel like it was really worth the fight when I could just take a picture of it on the hanger anyway.

Now here are some pictures from two years ago!!!

Eleanor in her dress around 6 1/2 months


My babes and me! Grandma helped me with the outfits.


My sister Christine holding Ellie and me holding my Niece Marcail!

5 comments:

  1. Two years ago flew by! Remember the happy dancers?! Fun stuff!
    Oh how sweet El-bear and Chlo-bear are! Love your hat, Liv! Yes. I spy the little heart on Eleanor's Doodle Pad! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a difference two years can make--everyone grows up!! But they are still as cute as can be!!
    Thanks again for letting us borrow Chloe's outfit for my great-neice--it's always so much fun to dress up the little ones!! So glad Chloe is feeling so much better!!
    Love, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a difference two years can make--everyone grows up!! But they are still as cute as can be!!
    Thanks again for letting us borrow Chloe's outfit for my great-neice--it's always so much fun to dress up the little ones!! So glad Chloe is feeling so much better!!
    Love, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean was such a baby two years ago! Now he's a big boy! Ellie was so little.
    The girls look cute in their outfits. I like Sean's Sweden shirt.
    Way to go, Eleanor! You drew a heart. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures! It's always cool when you put up pictures from the "before" that you refer to, very neat to see how the kids looked then and also now. Cute! Bummer that it didn't work out to go to the festival though. For some reason I don't remember ever getting to go to the festival...feeling jipped...

    ReplyDelete