Sunday, May 24, 2009

Miracles, baby, Eleanor

Took another walk at the park today. It is kind of a daily thing now. Anyway, to my amazement, the eggs were still there! I don't know if a person or an animal did it, but they had been partially covered up with some mulch that is around the tree. I am very curious to see what will happen! I am finding that it takes approx. 28 days for duck eggs to hatch. They also have to have lots of warmth and be turned several times a day.

We walked at our normal park, but played at a different one. This one is a bit more shaded and the kids seem to like it a little better. There is more for them to climb on. The big blue band aid on Eleanor's ankle is in hope that she will not scratch her huge mosquito bite.
I have been meaning to write about this for a while, but I keep forgetting, so while it is now on my mind I will do it! Sean has been saying Chloe's name since before she was born, but Eleanor very rarely says it. At first I just thought maybe she didn't quite know how to form the sounds, however, I am starting to think that she just doesn't want to because she is just a tad bit jealous. She can say it very well when she does, but almost always she just says "that baby", which actually sounds more like "la baby". Anyway, she will say, "mama, la baby seepin?", or "where la baby?", or "la baby eatin...(fill in the blank)". I think you get the idea. So today I was holding Eleanor on my lap and we were cuddling and talking and just having some good ol mom and daughter time together, which is quite rare for us since Chloe seems to "need" me so much of the time. Well, as fate would have it, Chloe got fussy and I finally picked her up and said that I could hold both of my girls. Eleanor snuggled a little closer and said, "mama, I want la baby go away".

4 comments:

  1. I don't think "fate" had anything to do with it! ;) Wow! It's a God thing that she was so sweetly honest! So glad she expressed herself... now we pray for her heart to turn toward and be softened to la baby! (You know how it feels to be in the middle and get a "new baby"!) May "la baby" and "la Eleanor" be best friends some day soon!
    Hugs and love to you all! (Yeah, as I wipe away tears.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Eleanor but oh, how selfish. Just make sure you give her plenty of mommy time. She must really need it! I love that little Ellie and hope she learns to love that little Chloe baby sister.
    Love ya Liv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. She'll come around when Chloe gets a little older and can chase her! That's what Hayley is waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must have missed my kids jealosy issues...if they had it I don't remember...they probably did I just didn't pay attention is prob the case. She should start french...la bebe!

    ReplyDelete