Friday, January 02, 2009

2 weeks already???

Today my sweet baby girl is two weeks old!!! I can't believe it! So far things are going pretty well as a mommy of three kids. I'm still quite sleep deprived, but I am still trying to get things done throughout the day and stay in control of the older two. Chloe is eating well and has gained one whole pound since birth! She likes to sleep in her swing at night and occasionally needs to be swaddled. She hasn't quite gotten the hang of the pacifier, but maybe she just doesn't want it or need it like my other babies. Sean and Eleanor seem to have adjusted just splendidly to their new sister. Chris has been on Christmas break from the college, but he goes back on Monday, so it will be interesting to see how things go when I am taking care of all of them all day by myself...yikes! It has been really nice to have his help and I think good for the older two as well. Thankfully Chloe did not get jaundiced like my other two did. I think it is because we are the same blood type and she eats so well! Today her umbilical cord stump finally came off!!! I was starting to wonder if it ever would! Now we can work on tummy time and she can take a "real" bath! Today we sent off for her birth certificate. It always seems so much more real and official once we have the birth certificate and social security card. January 29th we have our six week check up and then on the third of February I have an appointment with the surgeon to get a date set for my hernia repair. I'm not really looking forward to that, but I am praying all goes well. Well, I think that is all that I can come up with right now to post. Sorry this seems kind of like rambling...anyway, until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet baby Chloe! Obviously anyone who says "Mommy" is an easy job hasn't been a Mommy!
    Hard, but truly the most rewarding!

    ReplyDelete