Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Chloe Avanelle has arrived!!!

I just wanted to update all of my lovely friends and family that my sweet baby girl has arrived! I don't have a lot of time right now and I promise one of these days I will actually get around to posting more pictures and getting back to all your comments, etc. It is still quite an adjustment being home and taking care of all three kiddos.

I went in at 5:30 am on Friday the 19th and I was already dilated to a 3. By about 9:30 I was dilated to a 6, but then I kind of just stayed there for quite a while. Around 11:30 the contractions were getting pretty bad because they kept upping the pitocin so I went ahead and got an epidural. Shortly after that my doctor came and broke my water and I was dilated to an 8. Finally at 3 pm I was complete and ready to start pushing! I only had to push through two contractions and Chloe was born at 3:14 pm!

Chloe Avanelle

6 lbs. 8 oz.

20 in.

Things are going really well. Chloe is nursing very well! Not sleeping so great at night, but I know it will get better in the next few weeks. Sean and Eleanor love their new baby sister!


Chloe and me less than an hour after birth~

Just minutes after arriving home~

Sean loves to hold and cuddle his new baby sister~

My beautiful baby girl~

Pretty in Pink~

A close up of her darling face~She was smiling in her sleep, but I didn't get the camera in time~

FINALLY got the crib put together!!!


3 comments:

  1. The "My beautiful baby girl" photo looks a lot like one when you were a wee babe, Liv!
    She is a sweet, lovely baby!
    Congrats!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, she is so cute! Great pictures too, thanks for sharing! And your birth story sounded so much like Jenny's at the end, pushing through two contractions and she was out, nice! Glad everything went smoothly and you two are doing well. Hope you have a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing as Joanne. It sounds a lot like mine! I'm glad everything went so well and she is super cute!

    ReplyDelete